Generate your own power with the CEYONE ECO SOLUTIONS range of compact and efficient solar power packs — a low maintenance, silent and pollution-free alternative to diesel generators. This solar UPS / solar inverter comes with solar panel, battery and inverter can give you power when it is most required. And what’s more, the fuel is free!
Types of rooftop solar PV systems
1. Grid-tied – These systems are designed to work with the grid alone. Thus, it is a combination of solar PV and grid. As these systems depend on the reference voltage provided by the grid for their operations, grid-tied systems do not work when the grid is down.
2. Grid-interactive – This system works in conjunction with either a battery backup or diesel generator to support the load even during a power failure.
3. Off-grid – Off-grid systems are designed to operate independent of the grid, these systems sync with a diesel generator and/or batteries. Battery based systems used to be of smaller capacity due to the cost involved, but the rising cost of other power sources, and the lack of power at any cost has seen a steady increase in battery based system sizes
The difference between the systems lies in the kind of inverter used, and the inclusion of batteries. As various vendors use different terminology for these systems we urge you to verify the functions of the offered system rather than going by the name alone.
Component Cost of Rooftop PV systems
At CEYONE ECO SOLUTIONS (CES), we are regularly asked the cost break-up and particulare of rooftop solar power plants. But before answering that, let’s list down the components of a rooftop plant: Solar panels that convert sunshine to DC electricity Inverters that convert DC electricity to AC
But before answering that, let’s list down the components of a rooftop plant: Solar panels that convert sunshine to DC electricity Inverters that convert DC electricity to AC
Solar panels that convert sunshine to DC electricity Inverters that convert DC electricity to AC
- Inverters that convert DC electricity to AC form
- Cables : DC cables convey current from panels to inverters and AC cables from inverters to loads
- Mounting Structures : They support the panels on the rooftops
- Electrical Peripherals : These include Junction Boxes, Earthing, Lightning Arrestors, Conduits etc.All of these are highly specific to the design of the power plant
- Lastly another cost component is the actual supervision, design and installation for the power plant